Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Good Old Testament Band

This was all released January 1, 2009.
kjbfdwkbf

The Good Old Testament was a project I did as a lonely man band, meaning that I recording all of the tracks that you hear on the following tracks. The process I went through was to write a guitar part, figure out the drums and then record everything. The drums were first to give me something to float along on, and then the guitar and vocals.

You will notice that I layered vocals or Guitar on most of the tracks, or added reverb.

The Philosophy I offer with this music is much like the philosophy I offered with the music that My brother Matt released on his Blog(Last Summer). In reflecting on the songs I wrote in my teenage years, I recognize them each as being an expurgation of some the vulgarity that boiled above a flame of hormones and resentment. We all know how crushing the issues of teen age can be, and they are not easy to exorcise when they well up inside you with fury.

In these songs, I speak as if I hold some wisdom on matters that I might have never known but once or may have only been the witness of. I curse as if I am speaking with mature fluency in some tongue that exceeded authority. I did it all as clueless and young ones do. The trouble is, I belted it out and strummed it hard over strings and beat it out in rhythms with wooden sticks.

To beat it all. I put a microphone in front of me.

So here they are, the most embarrassingly mistaken moments of my life in all their beauty and disgust. . .





1 comment: