Monday, May 23, 2011

Ordering

I have been lost from much of any idea about what to offer up here. But, after some sibling encouragement and some thinking for myself, I know that the content can easily be adjusted to work.

The problem with creating a blog for the purpose of posting original creative content is that it is easily dreamed of, but is heavy to haul to reality. Another problem meets me in that I must listen and read what I have already done, while the criticism of a few added years make me slow to allow it public presentation.

So I am making a short entry about lists...

Lists are what might make me able to offer a gentle flow of creative work here. I look onto the Idea of list-making and file-keeping the same as I saw clearing a ditch as a boy. As you scrape the leaves and debris, you begin to feel the moisture, and soon enough water begins to flow. List making clears the path , allowing a brave and sure flow of action and ideas.

When the stream clears, you'll find that there are key sources from which the water springs. Likewise, one stumbles across their sources of inspiration and energy if the pressures, obligations, and responsibilities of life can be given some recognizable form. To see what is expected of you, and what you desire for and from yourself, externalized, is to gain the ability for greater utilization of personal ability.

When I set out to do something it seems a burden and displeasure unless the tools I need are before me and an idea of the task is understood. Since life itself can easily be understood as as a long-labored work of art, it is to our advantage to know the technicalities, boring as they are. If we move through life with a set of full of faulty and disorganized tools, we are likely to strip a lot of screws and end up with a lot of ill-placed supporting beams.

Lastly, I would like to say that everyone should see living as something that is to be carefully worked. It is a dangerous thing to live as if there were unlimited credit and time, unless you have made a time machine or something equally astonishing.

I hope to live by the development of these thoughts. I want to have catalogs and files. I want structure more than I need it. I want us all to have nice visits top each others architectures.

Love,
Tommy

3 comments:

  1. one of the nicest things i've read in a long time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot, Nathan. You're sweet as a berry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Lastly, I would like to say that everyone should see living as something that is to be carefully worked. It is a dangerous thing to live as if there were unlimited credit and time, unless you have made a time machine or something equally astonishing."

    I agree. I wish that more people would figure this out for themselves earlier on in life rather than figuring it all out the hard way when it's far too late to make a difference.

    I'd like to see you put your camera to use and start posting a picture here and there. I'm curious as to what Kentucky and the things that you see everyday look like these days. OBLIGE, PLEASE.

    ReplyDelete